We offer complimentary prenatal visits for expectant parents. We feel it is an important opportunity for you to meet the doctors and the staff and to view our office setting. We realize choosing a pediatrician is an important decision, and we want to make sure you make the decision that is best for you. There are several questions we believe are important to ask during your prenatal visit to help in your decision making:
- What is their hospital affiliation?
- What is their education?
- What is the atmosphere like at their office?
- What is the typical wait time for appointments? (Consider…How long were you kept waiting for your prenatal visit?)
- How do they handle emergencies during and after office hours?
- What type of personality would you like in a doctor – easygoing and informal, businesslike, or something in between?
- What is the doctor’s philosophy regarding various things such as immunizations, breastfeeding, circumcision, and antibiotic use?
These are only some of the questions we have encountered in the past with prenatal visits. Please feel free to make a list of questions and bring it in with you during the visit.